Sunday, October 27, 2024

Switch Up Pull Day (Back and Biceps)

     It was a strange workout today.  I usually follow an exact routine that I have written on my phone, but the routine I had written was for the ARC.  I did the workout at my home gym, which has different equipment.  I had to swap out a couple back machines for a traditional lat pulldown.  It is one of the initial movements to grow my back, so it was a nice to come back to it after not doing it for a couple of months.  This tell's me that when I write my new program that this specific exercise will be included once again.

4 comments:

  1. Switching up your workout routine on the spot can be challenge, but it sounds like you adapted well! Replacing the back machines with a traditional lat pull down was a great choice. It is a classic exercise for back growth. Including it in your next program sounds like the perfect move for consistent growth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! Sometimes it's better to mix up your workouts rather than stick to what you always know. It helps with muscle growth. Like you said, it was unexpected but it ended up feeling nice afterward! I'm glad that small experience told you to add it to your program.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think its good that you were able improvise on the spot for changing what you needed for your workout. I use the ARC frequently and i've tended to stay away from making an exact workout schedule because of how busy it can get and the competition for the machines I want can be a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Switching up the workout can be a great thing for your lifts, especially if you feel burnt out after the same exercises! Another thing I usually like to do if I am not able to get on a proper machine or do not have the right equipment available for me is to modify the exercise! If I am not able to do lat pull downs, for example, I may modify the set for military reverse press or even horizontal back rows! Maybe this will help you more in the future as well!

    ReplyDelete

Rest Day

     It feels hard to stay away from the gym on a rest day.  In the back of my mind I think that maybe I could be getting better by training...