I have been struggling to get a good push day, but today I may have fixed the issue. Dumbbell press has been feeling terrible, so I switched it out for incline barbell press. It was a good switch up to my program! I began the session with a detailed warmup to prime my rotator cuff. After my warmup I had lots of blood flowing today, but when I went to press I wasn't my strongest. Regardless, I gave it my all and felt like I improved today with mind to muscle connection despite not being able to lift my maximum amount of weight.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Rest Day
It feels hard to stay away from the gym on a rest day. In the back of my mind I think that maybe I could be getting better by training...
-
It was a strange workout today. I usually follow an exact routine that I have written on my phone, but the routine I had written was ...
-
It feels hard to stay away from the gym on a rest day. In the back of my mind I think that maybe I could be getting better by training...
-
I have been struggling to get a good push day, but today I may have fixed the issue. Dumbbell press has been feeling terrible, so I s...
Sometimes developing that mind to muscle connection is just as, if not more important than you're max weight for a certain number of reps! If anything, further development can help you in the long run for when you are able to push harder with max weight, and you can get more out of that lift because of the further development in connection! I think you made the right choice in focusing on the connection rather than lifting your max. Keep up the awesome work!
ReplyDelete